It’s always nice to get a little recognition. Especially for something as solitary as writing a blog.
So it was so thrilling to receive my first Beautiful Blog Award recently from Dorothy at Texas Pioneer Creations. And she also left me a very nice comment on my blog.
But it’s better to give then to receive, right? Well then, now there are some things that I need to do that will help spread the word about this award, and hopefully be fun for all you readers, too. (Don’t worry, I won’t be giving a speech. Or speaking to any empty chairs.)
What I will do is tell you seven things about myself. Thems is the rules for this kind of thing. (We’re all going to feel so much closer by the end of this.)
- I was born in Portugal. Not a big deal really, except that I can never be President of the United States. Darn.
- My favorite breakfast is cold pizza. Right out of the refrigerator. Probably eaten while standing.
- When visitors see our pet corn snake, Rusty, they usually assume that he is my son’s pet. Wrong. He’s mine. And I think he’s beautiful.
- I love to sing. Until the business and family started to take so much of my time, I used to be a part of a community chorus. It’s one of those hobbies that really gets you to focus outside of yourself and all your day-to-day problems. (If you want to sound good, anyway.)
- My partner and I have been together for almost 24 years. It was supposed to have been a “rebound” affair. There’s just no predicting these things sometimes.
- When I was 6 years old, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. Well-intentioned parents encouraged me towards medicine. Never went into medicine, or teaching. That is until 3 years ago, when I started teaching soapmaking classes. And you know what? I was right.
- I hate liver. Can’t stand even the smell of it. Even when it’s all fancified “foie gras” and blended with expensive French truffles, blah, blah, blah. Blech.
All right, you’ve had your fun, learning all about me.
Now it’s my turn to have fun, and list for you some of my favorite blogs that are going to be getting a Beautiful Blogger Award from me.
Ok, yes. They are all soap related. Shocker.
But whether you are looking for inspiration, tutorials, information or just some soap porn to drool over, you can’t go wrong with any of these. Check them out. Bookmark your favorites. And leave a comment.
Because did I mention that bloggers like recognition? 🙂