Just a little reminder that we are in the midst of flu season. A nasty one, too. (A doctor friend of mine tells me that her hospital closed for a while on Monday because it was full of so many flu patients!)
That one simple thing can help. But do it often. And do it right.
According to the CDC, you should
- Wet your hands with clean running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
- Rub your hands together to make a lather and scrub them well; be sure to scrub the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Continue rubbing your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry